Adult men with acne often feel embarrassed. No matter how hard they try to cover them with a beard or hair, they are always noticeable. That’s why we did our best to find the best acne treatment for men on the market today.
When a man that has acne walks down the street and gets stared at, especially by girls, he automatically loses self-confidence. Why? Because he believes that the only reason why they’re looking at him is his skin condition.
But who cares what people think, right? Well, in this particular case, we can’t agree. Having acne can seriously impact both the love-life and the career of a man. The unfortunate truth is that this condition automatically rules out multiple career choices for men that have to do with their physical image.
Even a salesperson that has a healthy skin will probably get better results than someone who has acne. All of that leads to losing self-confidence and other serious consequences for one’s well-being, e.g., depression.
However, not all hope is lost. You are here, reading this article because you want to find a solution, and we are here to give you one. Acne can be successfully treated, and with the right products and care, they can disappear faster than you think. First, let’s see what causes adult acne in men, and then, we’ll break the top five best acne treatment for men.
Yes, Adults Struggle With Acne Too.
Acne that shows on faces of adult men is no different than those they likely had in their teens. After the age of 25, acne can make an unpleasant and unexpected comeback, and we know that no one will be happy to see their old friends.
Acne is typically caused by an increase in hormones. Because of that, Sebaceous glands then cause excess secretion of sebum. In other words, when those hormones are mixed with bacteria, white blood cells will move there in order to heal the infected area. Thus, a pimple will show up.
So why do they come back once we grow up? There are multiple reasons that can affect their return.
- Lifestyle — When we’re adults, most of us tend to live unhealthy lifestyles. Career, family, and other things leave us with less time to take good care of ourselves. Thus, we eat unhealthy food, we occasionally drink, and even take prescription drugs. These things can also affect our hormone levels.
- Chemicals — Some skin products contain chemicals that can cause skin irritation. That can further lead to acne reappearing. A skin that is irritated will draw more white blood cells and thus cause pimples to show up.
- Dry Skin — If our skin is too dry, it can be a major cause for acne outbreak. The sebaceous glands will go berserk in order to balance out our skin’s oil level. Thus, they will create too much of it and clog our pores.
- Stress — Finally, stress is usually the number one reason for both acne reappearing and for other health conditions. If we’re stressed out, levels of our androgen hormone will increase. This hormone will then stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more oil, and excess oil means pimples and acne.
Now, a logical answer arises from all of this. In order to prevent acne from appearing or coming back, we should eliminate as much stress as we can from our lives and take better care of ourselves.
But what happens if we’re already affected by this embarrassing skin condition? We’re happy that we’re able to present you with the best adult acne treatment for men on the market today
Best Overall Acne Treatment for Men: Exposed Skincare Ultimate Kit
Exposed Skincare’s Ultimate Kit is the ultimate solution and the best acne treatment for men that consists of everything that the skin of an adult male will need in order to restore balance, moisture, clarity, texture, and smoothness.
Why We Like It:
- It kills all bacteria that can cause acne to break out.
- Skin pores get unclogged and excess oils are put back into normal.
- It will reduce the skin irritation and remove redness over time.
- It boosts skin complexion, moisturizes, and removes impurities.
- Includes nine products for a complete and successful treatment.
You might want to choose Exposed Skincare Ultimate Kit if:
You want to have an all-in-one solution for your acne problem.
Establishing a daily routine is one of the most important factors for a successful battle against acne. Exposed Skincare Ultimate Kit offers nine different products that can work both standalone and in unison. If we apply them twice a day, we can expect to see optimal results.
But why do we consider this product to be the best acne treatment for men? The secret is, of course, in carefully selected components like bacteria-killing salicylic acid and azelaic acid, vitamins that nourish our skin like pro-vitamin B5, and a range of herbs that will calm irritation and reduce redness. The kit also contains microdermabrasion cloth for exfoliating dead skin cells and a probiotic complex that will balance-out our immune system and help fight acne inside out.
Best Prevention Acne Treatment for Men: Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Acne Wash
This paraben-free product is the best acne treatment for men, meant for prolonged daily use in order to prevent acne from coming back.
Why We Like It:
- If used over a long period of time, it will certainly prevent future acne breakouts.
- Contains salicylic acid and will thus help to reduce the amount of oil on our skin.
- It’s paraben-free.
You might want to choose Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Acne Wash if:
You need a product that will help you both get rid of acne and prevent them from coming back.
Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Acne Wash is powerful and top-notch. The addition of salicylic acid keeps the pores unclogged and removes oil and dirt from our skin. Therefore, it can also help us to prevent acne from coming back once we get rid of it. If used daily, the product will dry the skin and clarify it. It’s also paraben-free, so we can say that this is probably one of the best products out there for prolonged use.
Best Oily Skin Acne Treatment for Men: Khiel’s Men’s Oil Eliminator Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Face Wash
Khiel’s Men’s Oil Eliminator Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Face Wash clarifies and dries out just enough to balance out even the oiliest skins.
Why We Like It:
- It’s specifically designed for men with extremely oily skin.
- Perfectly exfoliates without irritating the skin.
You might want to choose Khiel’s Men’s Oil Eliminator Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Face Wash if:
You’re not able to dry-out and clarify your skin by any other means.
Some of us have more oily skin than others, and it’s not always about our diet and lifestyle. Even if it is, we’ll probably have to do something more than just try to live a healthier life in order to fix the problem. We consider Khiel’s Men’s Oil Eliminator Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Face Wash to be the best acne treatment for men with oily skin. Salicylic acid clears and unclogs pores, while argan shells and apricot seeds are there to gently exfoliate all dirt.
Best Dry Skin Acne Treatment for Men: Grace & Stella Co. Acne Treatment Facial Sheet Masks
Dry skin can be the major cause of acne, but this best acne treatment for men will hydrate and moisturize yours overnight.
Why We Like It:
- It contains hydrating ingredients like castor oil.
- The skin isn’t too oily after use.
- Includes salicylic acid in order to help with the existing acne.
You might want to choose Grace & Stella Co. Acne Treatment Facial Sheet Masks if:
You have excessively dry skin that is the cause of an acne outbreak.
This best acne treatment for men with dry skin works for our benefit overnight. Multiple natural ingredients combined together will help to prevent further infections and relieve the existing ones. Jojoba oil is there to moisturize the skin, while castor oil hydrates it and gives it smoothness. Aloe vera will heal the infection, while salicylic acid will kill all acne-inducing bacteria. With this product, our skin will feel relieved as soon as we wake up in the morning.
Best Acne Spot Treatment for Men: TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment
This best acne treatment for men is one of the most rigorous and last-stand options for acne spot treatment on the market.
Why We Like It:
- It contains Bentonite Clay, which draws out toxins and provides oxygen to skin cells.
- Includes a range of antibacterial and antifungal essential oils.
- Effective for treating severe acne, but still feels gentle on our skin.
You might want to choose TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment if:
You need immediate relief in healing blemishes, while also having a powerful solution for a severe acne outbreak.
TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment penetrates deep into the skin, right to the root of the problem, while killing all acne-related bacteria at the same time. Every type of skin will instantly feel relieved thanks to ingredients like volcanic bentonite clay, peppermint and spearmint water, witch hazel, aloe vera, lemon essential oil, and many others.
Life Without Acne Is Finally Here
Acne can make us feel powerless, and thus affect all aspects of our lives. However, men shouldn’t be discouraged by this anymore. The best acne treatment for men exists, and all you have to do in order to defeat acne for good is to never give up.
Combine these best acne treatment for men products with a healthier lifestyle, and improvement will be visible faster than you think.